Six steps to improved security:
- Be sensible on social – Change your security settings to private, don’t advertise that you’re going away or are away, consider sharing your holidays when you return home, be mindful of the images you post, disable location services.
- Make friends with your neighbours – exchange phone numbers, ask them to keep an eye on your property and call the police if they notice any suspicious activity.
- Make your house look lived in – Ask a neighbour to park in your driveway and collect your mail, or put your mail on hold.
- Keep valuables out of sight – true for homes, cars and businesses. Place the packaging of expensive items towards the bottom of your rubbish bin.
- Make access difficult – lock up, remove items that may be climbed on, do not hide keys outside your home, install motion-sensor lights.
- Upgrade your defences – review your security and consider getting a Ross Galt alarm or CCTV package.
- Ensure all window and door locks are in good working condition and use them.
Nullam sodales sapien sed ligula ultrices vehicula. Cras eu lacinia dui, ac vulputate nibh. Curabitur volutpat, ante sed dapibus posuere, metus felis semper eros, in efficitur nisi enim eget orci.